Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #51
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Jon Jones set to coach and fight Chael Sonnen April 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I don't see the problem here, after a fighter has whooped 18 different asses inside a cage, and defended UFC Gold 4x over the past year.

If a fight with Anderson Silva is what you are driving at, look no further as to 13'. This is the fight game my friend. Contracts should be as big as Jones' with Nike.

JJ v Sonnen will sell 500k, and no other match up out there right now could.
You can't hate on Jones for his level of competition - who has fought more often against a better class of opponent? Nobody in the UFC that I can think of.

He can have a gimme cash-in fight every so often. Rampage was one - more a name value guy than a legit title contender. Sonnen is another.

But we don't have the full information. Maybe Jones legitimately hates Sonnen's guts and wants to earn a fat stash of cash for beating the shit out of him. Any one of us would take a couple of million to beat someone's ass who we can't stand.

Still a bullshit fight IMO, but I'd like to know what happened behind the scenes.

And I have little sympathy for Hendo missing out. He really ****ed his bosses over by concealing a serious injury until the last second. The cancellation was basically Hendo's fault. And for all there is to legitimately criticize Sonnen for, the guy will step up and fight anyone at any time, and work his ass of to help promote it.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top