View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #60
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjaw View Post
@ Irishny

You have common sense. These guys want scientific proof because they can't comprehend that a bag of rocks with a mouthguard puts pressure on the jaw muscle and strengthens the neck and jaw. Those who want to box and compete with a weak jaw and neck,..that's your choice.

Ya know what...maybe Doc Brown from Back to The Future should do a test on The Rock Jaw. The sales would increase.

Or...I can spar with The Rock Jaw haters and we can find out who has a better chin. I've been using it for 2 months, 165lbs age 39 in Deltona Florida. Lets do the test with some 10oz gloves and no head hear.Mail me and come find me.
Just wanna make it clear that I said I respected that you invented, and are trying to promote, a product that you believe in. But seeing as how amateur your website/product looks, I offered constructive criticism to help you and your business come off as more professional so that your product would be more appealing to a wider customer base. The suggestion to get scientific research done to back up the claims of your product was not me "hating" or doubting your product. Rather, it was a suggestion for you to up your marketing and credentials to convince more potential customers to buy your product. Just like my suggestion to improve the packaging of your product, which you actually liked the idea of. However, you chose to take it as a personal attack against your product and are now resorting to insulting the very people you are trying to appeal to and challenging them to fights over the internet, all at the age of 39. Wow. Congrats to you sir. The entrepreneurial expertise, marketing and product packaging ingenuity, innovative website design, and professional maturity you bring to the world of boxing equipment sets an example for all other aspiring boxers and inventors to follow.

For everyone else: Google = free

Quote:
Jaw Muscle Stretch

This is a patient exercise for the jaw from the NHS Orkney health board in Scotland. This exercise loosens and warms up the jaw for exercise. Sit with your back straight, relax your and lower your shoulders. Relax your jaw and make an "mmm" sound making sure your teeth do not make contact.

Next, move the jaw up and down and side to side using small-relaxed motions. Now that your jaw is warm, open and close your mouth then move your jaw forward, back and then side-to-side. Repeat this exercise 10 times.

Jaw Resistance Exercise

This exercise builds muscles by using your hand for resistance. Make a fist and place it below your chin. Try opening your mouth while keeping pressure under your jaw, hold for 10 seconds and release. Next, place you thumb against your chin and try to push forward while keeping resistance with your thumb, hold for 10 seconds. Use your thumb in the same manner for side-to-side movements using resistance.

Next, open your mouth as wide as possible. Place your fingers against your lower teeth and try to close your mouth against the resistance of your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds.

Open your mouth as wide as possible. Then use your fingers to open your mouth even wider. Hold for 10 seconds and relax.

All sections of this exercise should be repeated 10 times.

Neck Flexion

This is a three-step exercise that works the front, back and sides of the neck.

Using a weight bench, lie on your back with your head hanging over the end of the bench. Keep your head parallel to your body. Holding your head against gravity builds muscle strength. Bring your head up slowly and tuck your chin resting it on your chest. Slowly return your head to a parallel position using a count of five. Repeat five times.

Step 2 works the back of the neck. Roll onto your stomach with your head still over the end of the bench. Keep your head parallel with your body, tuck your chin into your chest and then return to the starting position using a count of five. Repeat five times.

Step 3 works the sides of the neck. Roll onto your side with your head in line with your body. Lift your head to your shoulder and then return to the starting position. Repeat five times. Now, roll over on your other side and repeat.

These exercises can be done using a light free weight also. Cover a round plate with a towel and place it on your head while performing these exercises.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top