Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #55
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Jon Jones set to coach and fight Chael Sonnen April 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
You can't hate on Jones for his level of competition - who has fought more often against a better class of opponent? Nobody in the UFC that I can think of.

He can have a gimme cash-in fight every so often. Rampage was one - more a name value guy than a legit title contender. Sonnen is another.

But we don't have the full information. Maybe Jones legitimately hates Sonnen's guts and wants to earn a fat stash of cash for beating the shit out of him. Any one of us would take a couple of million to beat someone's ass who we can't stand.

Still a bullshit fight IMO, but I'd like to know what happened behind the scenes.

And I have little sympathy for Hendo missing out. He really ****ed his bosses over by concealing a serious injury until the last second. The cancellation was basically Hendo's fault. And for all there is to legitimately criticize Sonnen for, the guy will step up and fight anyone at any time, and work his ass of to help promote it.

Name one, just one my friend.

Chael Sonnen is the man JJ should be fighting. The Champ beat everyone's ass, and this match up will lead to bigger and better things. This is how you set up a fight with Anderson Silva, and you should know better......
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top