View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #38
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: How would Geale fare against the 4 boxers who have defeated Mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Ottke was past his prime when he fought Mundine also but prime for prime i see Sven Ottke outboxing BOTH Daniel Geale & Anthony Mundine , a lot of people unfairly underestimate Ottke imo ok he did have a few ropey decisions go his way in the fatherland when they were at their robbing best but that shouldn't distract from the fact that Ottke could roll with the best of them in his prime and imo was too technical a fighter for the likes of Geale & Choc , i like everything this Geale kid stands for but he is getting hyped a tad too much, who has he beaten really ? and beating Mundine will just add to the hype , Great fight for both fighters though i'm really looking forward to seeing it ( probably the next day on youtube as i can't really see this being televised world wide ) .
Sup Josey my man.

I've seen most of Ottke's big fights, and can honestly say that out of all the supposed robberies he got away with, The Reid fight is the only one that I didnt score Ottke's way.
I remember the Dane's were harping on about how Mads Larsen got robbed, but I watched that fight, and like most of Ottke's fights, scored it narrowly to Ottke.

A very underestimated fighter, who probably should have got a L on his record which would have made him more respected.
pecks is offline  Top