View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: 2 guys both same weight and speed, one is strong one isnt, do they hit with = pow

Wrist size has nothing to do with wrist strength. I see the point about biomechanical feedback, I limit my own power when hitting the bags due to this. I'm built more like Hearns (long legs, skinny arms, small wrist), but my grip strength is good (do pullups kids) and I can hit very hard for my weight due to the leverage I get into my shots. I've never thought about not hitting someone hard because of my wrists. People move when you hit them lol.

Power can be aided by strenght but there's a lot more going into it than strength, force, power, etc. The way you punch, your timing, the shots you select, the way ypou mix your punches...all of that has something to do with power. The way your body is trained to generate power has a lot to do with it. I used to play a lot of baseball as a kid, threw the discus and javelin, etc. I have a lot of rotational power when I whip shots in, but I haven't got a lot of pushing power. I think it has to do with years of training my body to generate force in a whip motion.
KillSomething is offline  Top