View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Do you have respect for Chael Sonnen on any level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Chael is good for the sport, and will have much to offer for this coming season of TUF.

He knows how to sell a fight, I think a lot of fighters will follow in his footsteps.
I reckon he'll be a really good coach for TUF as well. He strikes me as the kind of fighter who will care about his guys.

I'd sure as hell be hoping I ended up on his team rather than Jones', anyway. He's vastly more experienced, has found a lot of success with ordinary natural athletic ability, and he seems much more of a relateable, engaging, "real" person to spend time with on a personal level. Jones carries himself like a prince who was born to be the king, and who wants to be a great king. Sonnen carries himself like a regular guy made good, who works very hard and is grateful for the life he's made.

I don't think Jones quite understands what it's like to fight on an even or inferior footing physically. Sonnen, on the other hand, is all heart, sweat and guts. I reckon no-name hopeful fighters will connect with that a lot easier than they connect with the freak-athlete.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top