Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #10479
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Not a problem. I have years of **** ups to draw on.

If you are mates with any of them I'd be interested to hear what they thought of the game. The guys they were playing were more than 50% foreigners - the Thais even had a Cameroonian(sp?) playing. I'd say no more than a handful had played RL before.

At times the union instincts came into play - the fullback wanted to boot the ball when he caught it. Guys would run back into defenders when they made half breaks. They managed to force a drop out once and they all went and stood like 30 metres back from the tryline The spectators had to yell out "move up" and "short kick off"

They are hoping to form a four team RL comp next year. Good luck to them.

To his credit, Steve Mascord from Rugby League Week was covering the game and was actually working sometimes having to run down to the sideline from the shade of the grandstand to get a try scorers name......

http://stevemascord.files.wordpress....0/p1020162.jpg
I just told Dave about the line drop out Thailand forced and how they lined up to recieve it and he cracked up. Kev and him always have a crack at each other about their respective nations and who would win. You just added more fuel to the fire
teke is offline  Top