View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #43
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Burns opponent

All fighters have had debatable wins and gifts, stop using this guys. This is boxing, how do you think Marquez feels? No matter what we say, what some of those f*cking blind judges say, goes. Simple.

We could sit here all day and argue about what fights certain fighters have lost, but to then get a gift of a win. It has happened for years, and will continue to happen. All fighters have a night where they weren't at their best, I'm not defending Broner like some of you are making out, I'm just pointing out the facts.

Ricky Burns seems like a fantastic humble Scottish lad and decent fighter who has improved very much. But he is still nowhere near as good as some of you are making out, I understand you may be massive fans of the fighter, but please don't let this cloud your judgement. He has only fought domestically, against other fighters who have fought here a lot. Katsidis is one of these. Katsisdis is a great fighter who has fought at elite level, and come short. That DOES NOT make him a world class fighter because he fought at elite level......in that case, Audley Harrison is elite level because he fought David Haye.

It doesn't work like that.

Broner fights a style that would make Ricky look silly, and he would loose the will to live in the ring, because he wouldn't be able to take control like he does in his other fights. All though Ricky Burns is a careful fighter, in terms of counter punching, you always feel he has the ability to control a fight. He would be chasing a rainbow here, but there is no gold pot at the end of it, and as soon as he starts to realize the fight is getting away from him, bang, walks straight onto a telegraphed practiced shot.

Mayweather Hatton all over again, although I believe Ricky Burns is a little smarter than Hatton.....I see it ending in a similar way. But there is nothing for Ricky to be embarrassed about.

Broner may have made slow and steady progress, so far. But sooner or later it will take of, rapid growth. Mayweather went from a boring unappreciated fighter, winning on points, to finishing fights and winning very fashionably....I see the same happening here.
craney91 is offline  Top