Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #49
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Burns opponent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Actually your first post was that he was a "domestic level fighter". That means he is in and around the British title level but not good enough to go beyond that. He has already gone beyond that.

Now you're twisting it to "Fought domestically" because he has been fighting at home. So what? Calzaghe was clearly World Class despite fighting at home. He beat Mitchell, Eubank, Reid, Brewer etc at home. He then whipped Lacy and beat Kessler at home.

By your rationale he was still only domestic level because he hadn't gone to fight them in the US.

Also, ignoring Katsidis, what about Martinez? When Martinez fought Burns he had only fought once before in the UK, when he destroyed Cook. Since losing to Burns he has gone on to become World Champion again. But I notice you conveniently ignored him when posting about guys who have "fought here a lot". As if that makes any difference anyway. Winky Wright fought in the UK a few times, hardly meant that he was a lesser opponent for anyone.
I ain't twisted f*ck all, thats how I meant it all along. But nice try.

I can see why you would take it that way, because you want to get out of it what tickles your fancy and try and make others look like fools in the process.

I haven't conceded anything, I believe Ricky Burns is a step up from Domestic level, he has proved that now after beating everyone at that level, but I think thats where it ends. It's how you perceive it from then on, he's either still a very good domestic level fighter, or he's just a step up from domestic level. But the argument is, if he fails to beat a Vasquez, a De Marco, a Broner in the future......he just was a very good domestic fighter. HOWEVER, If he beats one of those, and he IS capable, then he goes from that, to world class. Better?

The only reason this is a debate, is because of the fanboys, simple as. Anybody open minded and unbiased can see whats up, the fanboys only see one picture, always have, always will. "Ricky Burns will do everyone!!!!!"

I have not once said Ricky Burns is crap, or compared him to Ricky Hatton stylistically. Once again people read and then take whatever they want out of it, totally out of context.

I hope the people in here are right, I hope Ricky Burns "does" Adrien Broner. But in my opinion (am I aloud that?) not yours, I think he falls short for the WBC. I'm not the only one who thinks that, but who is hounding them?

I must just attract arguments and clever clogs.
craney91 is offline  Top