View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #70
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson vs Fedor - who is the GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Ability and resume goes to Fedor. Fedor is in all sense an Olympic level Judo fighter (representing Russia at the time when Fedor did Judo was very tough, any other nation he would have been in the Olympics). The GOAT in Sambo and Combat Sambo, and GOAT in MMA.

Division domination also goes to Fedor, the guy has beaten the best of the best, even those who is bigger, taller, and more powerful than him. Fedor dominated the top tier longer and had more wins, and was tested more from top strikers, top grapplers, top wrestlers, and simply some bad ass MOFO.

Athletic attribute? this isnt a video game or a beauty pageant. Two of the most dominant fighters in the top tier HW division has been fighters who doesnt exactly have that fighter look. Someone like Igor and Fedor. Even Manny in boxing doesnt have that super hero physique.

You produce some good points as to why it is so close for myself and why I only just favor Anderson. You left out the bad ones.

BTW I have no idea why you think I am talking about "looks" and "super hero physique" when I state I consider athletic ablity. Manny was a bad example as well - that's a "super ped" physique according to a lot of haters (and Mayweather).
PIRA is offline  Top