View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: The Brawl in Montreal - who would defeat Duran on that night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I disagree. Douglas really kicked Tyson's **** that night the fight wasn't even close. Tyson has a punchers chance, if he lands with enough time to finish, he will, unfortunately that night, he didn't.

Duran beat a prime Leonard in the shape of his life, it isn't really in question, I'm staggered you think Leonard would beat him when he actually didn't.

Jackson was made to order for a sturdy, hard hitting, master boxer like Mike.
He did beat Duran. That is like saying I am staggered you think Leonard could not beat Duran when he actually easily beat him in the rematch and rubber match. Easily. Leonard proved he could easily beat Duran so the only thing Duran fans have to defend against that is Duran beat Ray and let's make Ray prime, even though he was in the 2nd defense of his first title. And if Ray was prime, Duran did not have to beat Hearns or Benitez or Hagler when he fought them, since he beat Ray when he was prime. Fact is Ray,Benitez,Hearns all beat him easily for titles. And Hagler beat him rather easily. As for the Leonard rematch? Had it not been a close fight and Ray edged the rematch I could see argument. But he made him quit because in rounds 7 and 8 he started to land more to the body and was started to land to the head. As a matter of fact, I think the staggering thing are the excuses for Roberto in the rematch and in this fights with all the other greats are rather staggering.
MAG1965 is offline  Top