View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: The Brawl in Montreal - who would defeat Duran on that night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I consider a loss part of a guys progression as a fighter. A fighter has to lose to get better usually. There are exception like Mike Tyson or Chavez. Ray learned the lesson quickly and applied it in his second fight. He learned to fight his fight and to play little mental games, although he never mastered the mental games well like Duran. Duran was just natural at everything he did. Natural boxer and he loved the whole aspect of the game. Leonard had to work at being a manipulator at press conferences, and he did not have the same effect as Duran. But Ray loved how Duran got him to brawl which made him want to be able to do that.

The only guy who fell a little for Leonard's games later was Hagler and the public, who thought when he came back in 1987 to fight Hagler that he would lose easily. People didn't know Ray was simulating fights with Quincy Taylor and others. Hagler bought the nonsense that Leonard was his good friend and rusty and not a top fighter, which I think that made him come out right handed to outbox Ray. Hearns on the other hand made the mistake of getting Hagler mad and that motivated Marvin to focus. I am going off subject.
for **** sake.

Leonard is out. we know how that fight ends.

Think of other guys who we don't know the result of were they to face off against duran in montreal.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links