View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Wegner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Froch duck Adonis Stevenson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
So,(and I'm genuinely asking here) if Froch doesn't fight Stevenson after Mack,the IBF have said he'll be stripped?

I thought they wouldn't mind the rematch given that Bute was their last holder before he went in with a quality opponent.
Hearn is trying to get the IBF to postpone the enforcement of Stevenson as a mandatory in order for the Bute fight to be for the belt. However, as I said, IBF rules state that mandatory challengers trump rematches. So, if the IBF don't agree to Froch fighting Bute, then he will be stripped and Adonis will fight for the vacant title.

If the IBF do agree to sanction the Froch-Bute fight, a Froch win would mean he would have to fight Stevenson next. In all likelihood Froch would either drop the belt, or seek out a unification with Ward or Kessler. Which begs the question: Would the IBF once again postpone the enforcement of a mandatory in order to make way for a unification with WBA "super" and WBC champ Andre Ward, or the winner of Kessler-Magee, which will be for the "regular" WBA belt, if I'm not mistaken? (I'm honestly asking this as well; I don't know how unifications fit into the hierarchy of importance for the IBF.)

Just some things to consider...We could end up seeing Bute-Froch rematch for some useless ABC trinket, if Froch is indeed stripped.
Wegner is offline  Top