Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515
Default Re: The ATG fighter's didnt need no stinkin' Strength and conditioners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Are S&C coaches that neccessary? I mean I don't believe Chavez sr, Duran, Arguello, marciano, Robinson had any Alex Arisa types around in their days. Sure I agree the strength and conditioning is important, but I dont think they are essential for a beginning 4rd fighter.
A beginner should work primarily on his skills, any good coach can train a kid to go four rds. I have been told that when you have an S&C coach the fighter has to go do his S&C work first then he does the boxing, that it burns the kid out with too much work, any thoughts?
Like in any area of work there are bad trainers and good ones.The one who told u that may have been in involved with an idiot,God knows i know a couple of S&C trainers who are absolute garbage,and they do stupid shit all the time ,but i know many gret ones as well.
S&C trainers are essential to todays sports,including boxing.Boxing trainers mostly dont know the difference between aerobic and anaerobic endurance let alone something more complex.
But this thing where people mention old school fighters and their methods of training really has to stop.Just because they did something and were champions doesnt mean its right.
Running in army boots miles and miles every day and doing 10000 pushups and situps isnt doing anybody good.
A young and up coming fighter educate himself in the begining ofc.There are a a lot of s&c boards.
pecho26 is offline  Top