Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515
Default Re: The ATG fighter's didnt need no stinkin' Strength and conditioners

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
In a lot of cases pecho, with the Ego and Pride you have a point, thats both ways. Its a Killer, but Ive found coaches do listen, they are trying to achieve the best for there charge, its them that are losing out.
Yea ofc it works both ways but here where i live s&c coaches are not welcome in boxing.There are a LOT of coaches who dont allow any outside interference.
The best boxing coach in our country is the worst,he wrote an article where he blames s&c coaches to ruin boxing,that its their fault the rounds are 12 not 15 because of gassed fighters,that weights are uselles in boxing,he conects everything with bodybuilding,i couldnt believe it.
The most shocking thing he wrote was that s&c coaches were the main reason for downfall of Mike Tyson.
And the theme of that article was Specific strength training in Boxing.It was God awful.
My ex-coach allowed me to work with one boxer in my old gym but he doesnt ask for advice at all,he does moronical things all the time.I lost my patience explaining things to him.
pecho26 is offline  Top