View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I wish someone had of made a documentary on the early days of Chuck Liddell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Yeah, the guys back then were different type of fighters then we have now days. The guys now days in large part are into the sport for a chance to make good money and be a star. The guys back then were real fighters there were almost no rules and no money to be made or fame and there was no potential to make money as far as they would have known.

I knew some pretty good fighters and sometimes people would ask them if they ever thought of trying some of these mma tournements. They would look at the person like they were crazy.
Different era. Different mentality. Guys like Chuck, Wand and Frye would fight at the drop of a hat for no reason other than they simply liked to fight. I remember watching and interview with Coleman, Randleman and a young Rampage who's eyes literally lit up when they described how they could get paid for scrapping in 'no holds barred' fights. Those guys fought because they liked to. The UFC sought to monetize that so they game obviously changed.
Anyway prime Chuck was a stud. Dam shame they dont make them like that anymore.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top