Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #51
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: sonny bill $3, francois botha $1.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Being honest though, the best guy Sonny Bill fought was that Tillman character, who was grossly out of shape, had some of the worst form i've ever seen in a boxing ring and who's resume was abysmal (he'd lost to other tin cans) And the stoppage really wasn't that impressive, Sonny just went ape-shit it looked like a street brawl.

Botha is a solid pro, he's old but if he trains hard, comes in decent shape and stays tight he should know far too much for a guy like Sonny

Nothing wrong with SBW for having a go, he's an impressive athlete, but he has little natural talent

in a boxing ring he reminds me of guys we have had over here like Tom Dallas and Larry Olubamiwo, who both sort of looked the part and could blast out cans but got properly undressed by journeymen

Why would Williams' team set him up to fail so early in his career?
I'm not here saying that SBW is the next coming of Ali or anything. I'm just saying that Botha has gone from a cagey vet against Grant to a sluggish old man in his last 2 fights. Not to mention that he's 44 years old and just fought 1 month ago. You guys are basing your predictions/analysis on Botha's reputation and not on objective data.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top