Thread: Sherrington
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #54
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

In all seriousness mate. It can be anyone of those things you mentioned. Also having a good chin is also part a mental aspect as well. You will notice with the stoppages on my record and also on Sheringtons record they where all in the early part of our careers. We may not have glass jaws as some people like to say. It could be attibuted to to lack of confidence or poor match making.
Just my humble opinion.
Also my stoppage loss to Mumtaz was a cut eye stoppage in a fight I was winning.
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...haha..yeah good one Crusher..you got me there..meow meow..

..anyway..seen that you and ol' mate seem have bonded really well and content on pullin' each others pricks..can i ask you a serious boxing question?
..this is because I'm trying to get a feel for the 'sweet science' as you say..and your a man well placed to help me..

..now when a fighter gets stopped or knocked down..do you think sometimes this has more to do with bad tactics or poor preparation apposed to a 'glass jaw?'..so to speak ()..I mean..just like in your stoppage loss to the aforementioned Kasif Mumtaz..and even Joel Casey..I have observed that it is in alot of fighters nature to get caught up in the fight and want to stand toe to toe instead of getting on the back foot and boxing around abit..
..what are your thoughts?
..thanks in advance..cheers..
Crusher is offline  Top