View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: mark johnson :why is he in the HOF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
My knowledge below 122 is pretty poor and I'm no authority on flyweight, so in terms of details I can't comment, but just watching MJ I see something very special. Was he the best of his time, well if they didn't fight we'll never know, was SRR the best of his time above Burley? We'll never know.

People have compared him to Hamed, saying the latter achieved more, which may well be the case, I rate Hamed highly as you know, but MJ as a boxer just looks better to me, although Hamed's power is ofcourse the X Factor and he should make the Hall too

Still if you're criticising Too Sharp for not unifying you can criticise all manner of HOFamer's (half or more?) from all eras for not facing the best in their division. The standard isn't that high, most boxers missed fights get overlooked and the 20s and 30s seem to have fringe contenders making the Hall. Not a high standard at all, I see the reaction as here more of it being his straight election
It's not the lack of unifications that winds me up, it's the lack of quality opposition (at fly anyway)
Flea Man is offline  Top