View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly needs a new opponent- step up Bellew?

Great response

Cleverly benefitted from a razor thin decision that could quite easily have gone the other way.

Actually I was sat with a group of Welsh supporters, one of whom asked me after ten rounds what I reckoned in terms of the cards.... didn't exactly argue when I said Cleverly needed a stoppage to win.

Each and every one of them were nearly down to their elbows whilst the decision was being announced.

Bellew's recent form probably flatters him a little - after all, McIntosh has always been hot and cold, and had previously been whacked in style by Cleverly, and Miranda was above his optimum weight and had seen better days.

But equally, Cleverly's last opponent was a genuine, grade A* turd, who wouldn't even be competitive at domestic level over here.... and Nathan couldn't do anything with him at all, coasting to a shut out victory as the paying public fell asleep.

I'm on record as saying that Cleverly has massive potential, that currently isn't being realised. Surely even the most die hard Cleverly fan can see this?

Compare what he did to Murat once he started listening to Dean Powell.... and the performance against Sugar Tommy K, and tell me that Nath is improving....

It's just not happening.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top