View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #3109
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Tliang your an idiot. Yes an ATG is decided when someone's career is done and dusted, however there is a specific point I someone's career where they are in their 'prime' for example: Foreman in 73, Holmes in 79-82, Ali in 67, Frazier in 69-70, SRL at WW from 79-82, Tommy Hearns at LMW from 82-84, Mayweather from 98-01 at SFW, Mosley from 97-99 at LW etc. That is a definition of a prime ATG (depending how you feel about Mosley and Floyd obviously) a great fighter, fighting at their best weight, at the best stage of their career.

Now we have that dumbass issue out the way of what a prime ATG is and let's look through Floyds resume. The two fighters that could be considered ATGs that where in their prime is Jose Luis Castillo (personally I feel he was slightly before his very best) but that is being a bit picky. The other is obviously Corrales, however if you believe the weight issues Diego was having, then you could strike that from the record. (again could be me being a it picky)

They are the only two, however I'm aware a few names may come up so I'll deal with them accordingly. Genaro Hernandez: not good enough to compete with the very best in the world, JMM: his best weight was either Super Feather or Lightweight, Hatton: past
his best slightly and light welterweight is clearly his best weight and Mosley: yes he looked good against Margarito, but his best days at welterweight where well past him, let alone his best days in his career as a whole which where at lightweight.
thanks, i'm done trying to explain. 5 pages, and he still don't get what a prime ATG is.
And i agree in Coralles and Castillo are his 2 best wins and were in prime. (i'm happy to give fighters longer primes than most) Most posters on here think fighters are prime for one fight)

I think floyd has 4 wins of prime HOF'ers (Cotto, Hatton, Coralles and Castillo)
None of these are 1st ballot imo and none are ATG;s
JohnAnthony is offline  Top