View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Nick78

vCash: 500
Default Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

If Haye is true to his word and only comes back to meet a Klitschko, then maybe I could see him taking the Wladimir option rather than wait around for Vitali. But I still reckon it's more likely he'll go down the interim WBC title route and hold out for the older brother.

Haye v Tyson Fury for the interim WBC crown would be absolutely terrific. Let's face it, the heavyweight division needs something to happen - fast. In a crazy way, and obviously without all the crack addicts, I hope that we are heading back towards the 'Lost Generation' of the 1980s: a bunch of heavyweights who all fought each other and spawned a host of different champions. During that era we were fishing around, hoping for a new face to emerge - and then along came Mike Tyson.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...uUuBSkJu0LR.99
The best rumours are those that are believable, and this makes a lot of sense. Hennessy is pushing Fury to be Number one contender and the WBC would happily sanction a Haye interim title fight, the winner to take on Vitali. Nice little earner for them with sanctioning fees.

This would do great business (Channel 5 pushing it, perhaps (unfortunately) Primetime PPV). Put it on in April at the O2 and then the winner takes on Vitali in a Stadium fight in July.

Also good tune up for Haye in fighting an agressive, taller fighter.

Thinking it through, given DeGale is with Hennessy now...supporting contest of Groves v DeGale for some title?!

What a great night this would be for British boxing.
Nick78 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links