View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Your also a subscriber of BN? And you obviously have channel 5, so your not missing out on any boxing Michael.

Sky are not going to increase the amount of boxing they show until Hearn grows his stable IMO.
I agree with you that thanks to the efforts of other channels (mainly Boxnation) I am able to catch most of the boxing I want to see.

However thats not my point really.

As much as I like Boxnation and am really chuffed to finally have a dedicated boxing channel, it shouldn't really be necessary should it?!

My point is that because Sky used to support boxing they bought the rights to many of the big overseas fights, the ones that were predominantly shown on ITV.

Ok thats fine then I thought, Sky is the place for boxing, ok I have to pay a bit for it but its worth it if I'm guaranteed to see most of the big fights.

With this transfer of boxing away from terrestrial the interest in the general public gradually declined, surely nobody can deny that the fact that it was no longer avaiable in most of Britains homes made alot of people lose interest in it.

So there we were, Sky showed the fights and we paid more and more each year for the privilage.

Now they decide to cut back on the output, and reduce the number of promoters they use to just one.

This is bad.

Boxnation shouldn't actually be needed if Sky did their job properly!
Michael300 is offline  Top