Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818
Default Re: Fight that never happened 2007: Jermain Taylor vs Edison Miranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
Yeh, even though Miranda is a really big guy I don't really buy into the "dead at the weight" as a reason he lost to Pavlik. He didn't show as many signs and symptoms that are usually displayed when someone is dead at the weight. He was able to take A LOT of punishment before the first knock down. He also seemed to get tired in fights leading up to the Pavlik fight. If you're dead at the weight you shouldn't be able to take as much punishment as he did and throw as many punches as he was able to in the Pavlik fight.
“Moving up in weight never made a difference either as he just gained that much more in between fights.
“His dedication to the sport and training has been less and less since his fight with Lucian Bute in 2010 and it's now showing in the ring.”
Wantman watched on in dismay as a downhearted Miranda submitted to ‘Bomber’ Bellew in uncharacteristic fashion, losing for the fourth time in his war-filled career by stoppage - all of which came in the last five years.
“He was guaranteed a fight against Froch if he had beaten Bellew but he gave up in the ring,” explained Wantman.
“I hope he stops fighting now. He is nothing more than an opponent, something he said he would never be.
“I truly believe that the Miranda that faced Abraham the first time, with a little tweaking and experience, could have been a world champion and beat anyone.
“He had all the tools and the right team. Good people around him. He just couldn't control himself in between fights, blowing up to 225lbs sometimes (when he was still fighting at 160) and ballooning that much weight takes a huge toll on your body - it's a real shame."
Ring Master is offline  Top