Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #3879
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: USA Today: "It's Official Floyd is Terrified!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
It may have not mattered to you, but they mattered to Pac. Floyd gave into what Pac wanted and Pac still said no.

"I dont want to be tested up to the day of the fight"

"But Manny you get 14 days"

"Still too close"

- Brian Kenny
I have nothing to do with this situation...I'm like you...just a fan with an opinion....who has a different perception of what reality is than a small group of Floyd supporters.

I mean if you really want to look at the weight penalty that PAC demanded with an electron microscope lets do it.

Floyd faced JMM at 144...a catch weight...well...that was the agreed upon catch weight for the Welter weight fight. Floyd of course came in at 146....the welter weight limit is 147.

Fast forward to the PAC/Floyd negotiations....PAC's weight penalty demand of a whopping $10 millie for every pound OVER the welter weight limit is something else! But in reality Floyd EASILY makes 147, no problem.

Accepting the weight penalty demand wasn't a big deal for Floyd because he was going to make weight no matter what....it would have been harder for Floyd to come in OVER the welter weight limit! Which again....was just as ridiculous as Floyd's special demands for extra testing on PAC.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top