View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #99
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sonny bill $3, francois botha $1.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
It's a rare occurance. As previously stated, feel free to name a few fights where it's happened lately. By "lately" I don't mean fights from the 70s.

That's because it doesn't happen very often. I mean, you do see small swings where one guy starts out as a marginal favourite and then ends up the dog, but big swings where there's some real money to be made with no risk involved are few & far between. Green v Wlod was one.
Swings? Why the fark are you relying on swings?????

I think you and I are talking at cross-purposes. Yeah sure, I was doing it during the SP days...but that is just the type of bookmaker. The only advantage I had doing it (and by the way, I think you don't know what I'm talking about; for the illumination of those that do, I'll ignore your ignorance) was that it was a shitload easier to bet (but only if you were onside with the SP's, it was illegal after all) on domestic/Australian bouts. The game hasn't changed, you just have to use a different type...

But swings-???? To rely on swings would be a mugs game, as you'd either have to put up dough for an option to bet later on if the line happended to chance the way you would need it to go (which could work, but in my day would have got you sussed out and your thumbs broken quick smart) or put up your dough on a chance- which defeats the whole farking point. That's just ****ing stupid. I don't know what your on about...but best a luck to you with your swings.,
ecto55 is offline  Top