Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pros/Cons of this Push-up Routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Mate, I didn't even read your last post, I mean clearly you know more than me, I'm only trained in this.

If you want to waste your time doing this randomly slapped together routine go ahead.
I'm not trying to say that you're wrong and I'm right. Nor am I trying to argue that the routine I came up with is a good one. Yes, it is a randomly slapped together routine, which I said in the original post. Personally, I felt like I got a good workout out of it, but I wanted to hear some opinions from people more knowledgable. Never have I claimed to know more than you, or anyone else for that matter. You, on the other hand, just like D_Andrade said you would, just keep saying that this routine is pointless without saying anything AT ALL as to why it's pointless. Unless you do so, it's pointless to keep saying that it's pointless without saying why it's pointless. So point less fingers and drop some of that knowledge on me. Then I'll gladly stfu about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand NOOBian View Post
As for the push-ups, I thought the explosive nature of alternating medicine ball, medicine ball, spartan (youtube it), and clap push-ups would help with explosiveness and/or speed and/or strength. That's why I asked the initial question, to get some feedback from people who might know more than I do. Again, if I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Although I agree with your statement, the example you gave is completely irrelevant. Obviously doing arm curls will be pointless in training quads, just as doing squats would be pointless in training arms. But it's not like I asked if this push-up routine will help me run faster or jump higher or some other totally unrelated thing. I just asked for the pros and cons. But if I'm doing push-ups, it's not hard to infer that I'm trying to train chest/triceps. So how is the push-up routine I posted "pointless" in this aspect? Please enlighten me.

Since you are so wise in your structuring of your exercise routines that have a strong foundation in reasoning and an actual point, please suggest a way that, in your opinion, I can improve upon my routine, instead of just saying it's pointless and not offering any advice/suggestions.

And if something is pointless, doing it and not doing it should have the same result. i.e. punching a wall and not breaking it is the same as not punching the wall and not breaking it. The wall remains unbroken regardless of whether you punch it or not. Therefore, punching the wall is pointless. So are you saying that doing this push-up routine would be equivalent to not doing it all?
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top