View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #617
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Thanks, sorry if this post is terrible, I'm currently nursing a terrible hangover Got in at 5am this morning, and can't get back to sleep!
5am? Bloody hell! Ha!

Quote:
iphones are quality, especially compared to the old nokia I had before it! This forum can be hilarious, I wonder where MetalMandible went, he was a great poster, his threads were hilarious.
I was wondering the same thing myself, only last week. Ha! What a joker. I'd love to know what's happened to him. I hope he comes back!

Quote:
ha! I enjoy reading your debates, you two are like Morales-Barrera!
He's relentless. He's like the Terminator!

Quote:
Yeah I think Joe would beat any version of Jones post Ruiz. I think if they fought between 2001-2003, whilst Roy was still elite, he wasn't quite as dynamic as he once was, that would have been a close fight. But a 1994 Roy Jones is simply too sharp, and too good for any SMW.
Yes definitely. Roy at 25/26 would have had far too much for him in my opinion. I'm 100% certain it would have been a TKO, just based on styles.

Quote:
Yeah that's true, Joe was promised a fight with Gonzalez on the basis that he beat Mkertchyan, and it was scheduled in Cardiff and everything, then Gonzalez lost to Erdei and that ruined everything.
Was Erdei ever a possibility for Joe?

Quote:
I agree, by staying at SMW he didn't put himself in the mix and can only have himself to blame.
That's right. He wasn't prepared to take any risks. It's ok saying "If Roy had have come a long for good money, he'd have taken it etc" The fact is, while ever he was fighting at 168, the opportunity to fight Roy for good money was never going to present itself. Joe was never an attractive proposition to Roy while Roy was on top.

Quote:
Yeah I can agree with that. Joe was an elite fighter, and I think he would have been a hit in the States if he went over earlier. I think if Joe was going to fight Roy, he would have wanted it on his terms, and when Roy was the biggest draw in the sport, the fight was always going to be on Roy's terms. Hence like you say, if Joe wasn't willing to make those concessions, he can't have wanted it that bad.
Exactly!

Quote:
Yeah it's a laugh I'm going to go back on my word and reply to his posts in a bit to keep the fun going
Yeah keep up the debate, I love reading both of your posts.
Loudon is offline  Top