MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Slightly disturbed..Roberto Duran and Steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cobra View Post
Agreed, MAG.

I'm just saying that it's a wee bit ironic that you would be the one to so flatly deny disparaging claims against Duran. You're kind of known for the opposite thing there. You know? Yeah, you know.

Also, people don't think you're biased for Ray. They think you're biased for Tommy and biased against Duran. It's cool though. It is who you is, MAG.
yeah you are probably right, I am probably biased toward Tommy. That is for sure. I always loved his style and who he was. I don't think Duran or Hearns or Hagler would do steroids. Ray? Probably not but more than those 3 would. Those 3 had a warriors confidence in themselves. Ray was great ,but he looked for advantages all the time. Not saying he would take steroids, just more possible than Roberto,Tommy and Marvin. I hate to say it, but just personality wise. But I don't think he did. Tommy joked in 1989 a few days before the rematch that Ray was looking big and maybe he was on something. It really pissed off Ray who said, I will put up all my purse if you put up yours. If it comes out negative you give up your purse. He said Tommy never mentioned it again. Hearns was just trying to irritate Ray a little. And it worked. Ray liked to be psychological, but he could not really take many comments from other fighters..
MAG1965 is offline  Top