Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rocky Marciano vs Joe Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher73 View Post
I think that the fighters back then had a lot more class than the ones we see today. I think that Joe Louis was being classy and not bad mouthing Marciano. He doesn't really give an opinion either way, he justs says that "I wouldn't say I'd beat him" and then says that it would be a good fight. I don't see that as an admission of him saying that Marciano would beat him in his prime.
this - they didn't come much classier than Joe Louis and I wouldn't ever expect Joe Louis to put himself over many of his opponents - plus he was by that time very close friends with Marciano - he said something along the lines of it was the saddest day I his life when Rocky was killed - Joe Louis in anyone's world has got to be one of the top 4 heavyweights in history don't forget that - and Rocky is the kind of guy who is in for the fight of his life against anyone in the top 10 of all time and they don't come deadlier for me than Joe Louis so you know this just may well be Marciano's most dangerous potential fantasy fight IMO
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top