View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Rendall Munroe vs Scott Quigg II predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
He hasn't looked capable of it since then... and it took half a dozen rounds to get going.

He's an infuriating fighter, put Terrazzas away and gave a brave showing against Nishioka, even if he was outclassed..... and then takes several long breaks inbetween being extended by shit fighters or blowing away guys that are even worse.

Quigg meanwhile looked easily better under his old trainer, nice footwork and some good defensive moves - looked a fair bit like a young Ricky Hatton. Lately he's ponderous, his guard is too high....

Basically he's a Gallagher fighter. That's what's wrong with him.

Quigg on points is a pretty smart bet and in all honesty the most obvious pick, but I wouldn't make Munroe a 5/2 dog in this one. He can either overwhelm Quigg with his activity or pound out a late stoppage.

I think Quigg should try and revert to a little more movement in this one. Plodding forward and throwing leather unscientifically may well be good enough, I think he has a handspeed/power edge and is certainly the more impressive aesthetically - I can see him doing the better work in between Munroe's hustle and bustle.

But really he could make it easy for himself against Munroe, because as much as Munroe has a solid chin he won't walk through walls. Nishioka dissected him and made him look limited moving in and out utilizing the stark foot and hand speed disparity. Quigg ought to have both but whether he's stuck in this macho mindset he's developing I'm not sure.
TFFP is offline  Top