Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #82
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Ray Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I had it Floyd 114-112 and while I can see a draw I can't really see it for Castillo. Castillo was bloody good as well.
Same score, other guy. I gave rounds 1,2,4,7, and 11 to Floyd, the other 7 to Castillo. I remember quite a few close rounds, so I could definitely see a draw and probably a Floyd win at a push. Round 3 could have easily gone his way, I remember. Gave that to Castillo by the slimmest of margins.

I do think that, in general, Castillo won his rounds more handily. Watching it gave me the impression that he was the better fighter, honestly. Good on Floyd for settling that matter in the rematch. Good on him for digging deep when he had to the first time around, too. Castillo landed some heavy stuff here and there, and it seemed to be entirely his kind of fight from about the halfway mark on. Mayweather gutted it out and held his own the whole way through. Make no mistake, the guy's a fighter. He's a bit overrated for his tactical/technical brilliance, as you say, but a bit underrated for his heart and will. It's one of the more impressive things about him, I think.
the cobra is offline  Top