View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I like getting hit, and I'm going to spar for first time tomorrow. Need advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Basically, I spar with my friend (who is an amateur boxer) and sometimes we go slow, other times we go quite hard. But in general, I actually don't mind being hit. Obviously, I don't stand there and let him hit me, but when I do get hit, I don't get scared about getting hit again.

Anyway, I am planning to spar at my local boxing gym tomorrow. I have just joined and I asked if I could spar because I know the basics since I've taught myself from videos and books. So the trainer is going to throw me in with another amateur, but this guy has only had 1 fight.

Do I fight him with a walk forward style, or should I box him? I just thought that because I don't mind getting hit, I can just try and walk him down, and make him tired then capitalize.

Thoughts?

My advice will be for you to block with your face every single punch your opponent throws. That is sure to get your opponent tired and you can have more chance to KTFO since he will be tired from hitting...err...throwing punches while you were blocking them all with your face. Good Luck! I am sure those videos from YouTube you studied and the advice you get here on ESB will make you an ATG!
str1 is offline  Top