View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #33
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict

vCash: 683
Default Re: I like getting hit, and I'm going to spar for first time tomorrow. Need advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Basically, I spar with my friend (who is an amateur boxer) and sometimes we go slow, other times we go quite hard. But in general, I actually don't mind being hit. Obviously, I don't stand there and let him hit me, but when I do get hit, I don't get scared about getting hit again.

Anyway, I am planning to spar at my local boxing gym tomorrow. I have just joined and I asked if I could spar because I know the basics since I've taught myself from videos and books. So the trainer is going to throw me in with another amateur, but this guy has only had 1 fight.

Do I fight him with a walk forward style, or should I box him? I just thought that because I don't mind getting hit, I can just try and walk him down, and make him tired then capitalize.

Thoughts?
get ready to be seriously tired. try to relax in there as much as possible. if you go in there tense and worried about getting hit, you'll be ready to stop about 30 seconds in. the trainer at your gym isn't going to have someone beat the shit out of you. you guys are amateurs trying to work on getting experience in the ring. good luck.
kmac is offline  Top