Thread: Boxing style
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Boxing style

Hello everyone.I need some advice.I am 215-220lbs 5,11 1/2 heavyweight,very explosive,fast with hard punch with both hands.My style and built is similar to Mike Tyson,Joe Frazier,David Tua.I have some problems with my trainer.When I work on mitts with him he ask me for to throw 6-8 combination of punches all the time so i get tire after 2-3 rounds.And he tells that I must do that in sparring and fight and that I am not train enough.But I am in good condition,train two time daily,running 5-6 miles,doing cross training pulse around 180-190 and after minute rest to 120.My friend is condition trainer and he tells me that I am in good form.I am with this trainer 1-2 times a week.He also tells me to not throw left hook because I am opening to much.My left hook is the same as Tua or Frazier and is my best punch and most of the fighters i knocked out is with single left hook.He wants to change my style like European fighters(Chagaev) but I think I am closer to American style of fight,pressure swarmer like Dempsey,Frazier,Tua.Please some advice,thanks.
lefe is offline  Top