View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsemin View Post
allow me to argue...
You are basically saying the old-timers did different things different ways, this is why they were better than the modern guys, right?

allow me to argue...
you are basically saying the old-timers did different things different ways, this is why they were better than the modern guys, right?

no i donít think that is what he meant. Why is it that you cannot criticize or comment on s&c? Everybody is entitled to do what works for them and not be put down as dinosaurs or know nothings cos the new is so superior to old school, that there is no need to argue the point cos youíll only going to look dumb when the s&c guys whip out their credentials, masters degree, this certification or that, muscle twitch fibers explosiveness blah blah.
seems the s&c guys want to convince everybody that only they can make a fighter better in every possible way, and if you donít agree you are way stoooooopit.

you mentioned the second coming of big george...well, first of all, he became a believer. Maybe this is the most important different between modern and old fighter?

omg, you have to be an s&c guy

i am not talking about the religion and such..more generally, beliefs spring actions. Modern generation believes that nutrition, special exercises, routines
can provide a shortcut. These beliefs explain their action. I guess, and it is almost conviction, that old timers just did not believe in shortcut. This is it!
it is really simple, what they did worked for them. It's not about shortcuts or which is better.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top