Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Packer View Post
Sorry MrManBearPig< I must just not understand it all. Can you correct me in how I see it.

Sam Soliman fought bouts to gain the No1 contender position. IBF champion Geale is due to fight his manatory Soliman by December 8. The IBF gave a special excemption for Geale to fight Mundine, to delay the mandatory. The special reason for the delay is that a Mundine fight creates more money.

Is correct? If so is it right? Is it good for boxing to have a system were an org allows a mandatory to be bypassed for a big money fight against a guy who does not even have a belt from another org? Is this good for boxing?
It happens all the time certain boxers have influence with sanctioning bodies. Mundine is a bigger draw and has bigger influence than Soliman. Mundine used his influence to get a title shot at Soliman a MW when Kessler unified. He also had a voluntary defence against his mate Nader Hamden who was 3 wins 2 losses from memory before he fought Mundine with the best win being Porky Lovatt. No way would Nader of been WBA top 15 without some creative ranking from the WBA. At least Mundine-Geale is not a shit match up and if the first fight is any indication will be a great fight.
Soliman will have to wait. Thats just the way it is.
stiflers mum is offline  Top