View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
I have to say, in the last 60 years, there has not been any Major changes in Sport, that have been of Major Benefit. People change names of routines, but they have always been there. I was doing HIT routines 40 years ago, called them Olympic Circuits. Same with weights, they created Machines and told everybody, that was the way to go, made more sense, it made more Money . Now according to Test, its all Bollocks. I remember a Professor Pal of mine calling Me, Scrap, they have found new Muscles. You having a laugh I asked, No He said they are Cor muscles. Change the name, people will buy it. Its True. .
Nonsense. The advances made in understanding about the properties of tendons, the neuromuscular system, how the body adapts and how gene expression is altered through different types of training has exploded in recent times. And when you understand something you can manipulate it.
Yes a weight will always be a weight but it's about what you do with it. Little advances make big differences, the world isn't going to be reinvented.
I think you're getting the fitness industry mixed up with the sports science/research industry.
dealt_with is offline  Top