View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #63
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
Before the Walker Law boxing was a fractured mess with claimants springing up out from under the ring. Then it got pretty organized, despite sporadic conflict between the NYSAC and the NBA. It progressed.

After 1963 it got progressively worse and has since returned to the mess of the 1910s. You accept it. I don't. I believe that we can apply an objective standard to find the true champions in every division in every era -and I have. Some of the results are hurtful to be sure -some hurt me- but the price we all paid because of the ABC boys becomes very clear. They've ruined the sport and every time a writer or commentator mentions their tin-belts as if they meant something, they become complicit. It's a hard line, but nothing short of that is every going to change a damn thing.
I agree with your hard line vis a vis "the alphabet boys" BUT I fail to see why a hard line would be exacted against Wladimir Klitschko on this score.

When a champion retires - as Lennox Lewis did - we have to wait and see who emerges as the dominant premier fighter, and that fighter then becomes the world champion.

The current heavyweight division in the least hurt by the alphabet boys.
Unforgiven is online now  Top