View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Yes but a human body/muscle tendon unit isn't some basic 1+1 ****, there's optimal oscillation, hysteresis of tendons, stiffness/compliance of the SEC, muscle pennation, relative muscle insertion, relative lever length, fibre composition, fibre length, neural inhibitory mechanisms, neural learning for optimal damping of vibrations etc. Anybody who claims that they know what's what is full of ****, nobody knows all the factors behind plyometric trainings effectiveness for example. There is more and more research being done and while we still don't know much for sure we have a far better idea than anyone did even 10 years ago. Most S+C coaches are useless but they still are nowhere near as useless as the average boxing trainer is when it comes to understanding the human body.
Mumble jumbo, I rest my case. Believe me all S&C will whip these terms on you quicker than anything. What is it that they cannot understand? S&C, is just one component of training. Let them train a guy and shut up, trying to impress everything with their big words. Training fighters is not that complicated, a good boxing coach(Roach, Hunter, or many other top level trainers) dont need to know "optimal oscillation, hysteresis of tendons, stiffness/compliance of the SEC, muscle pennation, relative muscle insertion, relative lever length, fibre composition, fibre length, neural inhibitory mechanisms, neural learning for optimal damping of vibrations etc."
Dont harp on how much smarter cos you know these things and a lowly boxing trainer doesnt get it.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top