View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #62
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130
Default Re: Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
I'm sorry but what you just described are peak years. Wlad was undoubtedly in his prime for all those fights even if he hadn't fully developed his game.

As for the rest of your post.. if that is true than we can't take away from Louis, Holmes, etc. since they had much of the same circumstances. Agreed?
Which is why majority of the people don't take that away from Louis and Holmes, and the reason they are considered ATG and top 10.

Wlad is and has been rated in most credible top 10 P4P lists for a while, competing against every fighter in every division to make those list. And he's there with many great and some ATG fighters, while other miss the list. That says more about him then his opposition. Especially when you take into account it very hard for heavyweights to make those lists, the last 2 being Lewis and Holyfield ATGs.

Now I generally dislike those list myself, putting little stock in them, since it's a little bit or a ridiculous assumption. I also dislike fantasy match ups against past greats, because Nostalgia can be very difficult thing to overcome, and in reality is just one persons perceptive vs another. So i try to look at it this way, could fighter A, give Fighter B a competitive fight, that either could win, taking into account every attribute possible. And if you can say yes, that's a very good complement.

What do you consider when talking about prime, Age only?
krazylegs is offline  Top