View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #57
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

I think Geale will fight Golovkin eventually, though busisness wise I understand it's not the most viable fight for Geale at the moment. Geale's done it the hard way and deserves the payday fighting Mundine, although it probably isn't the best fight from the point of view of real boxing fans.

One way or the other I think they'll meet either if it is a unification bout or Geale is picked as an opponent after he's lost/been stripped of a title.

As far as beating Golovkin I think Geale is capable of doing it on his night, though realistically I can't see him doing it. Golovkin maybe over hyped at the moment but he probably has the ability to live up to the hype.
He has great anticipation, power and boxing smarts, also i'm sure he has an amateur victory over Geale, which while 10 years ago would still play somewhere on Geales mind and Golovkins confidence. Also as Golovkin's profile is already quiet large in the US, especially with the large Eastern European population there and will only get bigger as he wins titles, I can't see Geale getting the nod over him if it was close and went to the cards. Golovkin would be worth too much compared with what Geale could generate financially.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top