Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Flintoff looking Slim!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
I like Flintoff as a cricketer but Jesus Christ I want him to get annihilated in a boxing match. What he's doing is embarrassing for the sport, he's using it for some cheap publicity and not caring the long-term affects it'll have.

Him doing this will make people lose respect for the sport and the people in it. People will think "if that fat bloke can lose some weight and can do it then so can anybody.

Flintoff will have 3 or 4 easy fights against blokes who just want some money and will go easy and then retire saying something like "I've achieved what I wanted to achieve".

Absolute joke, the McGuigans ought to be ashamed.
Isn't that really the point though?

Anyone "can" do it, anyone can stroll down to the local boxing gym and take some lessons, if they are good enough they can fight.

This is publicity for boxing, maybe some kids see it and think they want to try it, it's a good thing

Boxing is a fringe sport in this country, so exposure for it is good,, it's the only way we are going to get better

People hate on khan and Audley, but their Olympic success inspired people to have a go, and it's no coincidence we have a lot of good prospects now. 10 years ago we had to get excited about people like Danny Williams because that was the level of prospects we had

Elitist attitudes are nonsense
Dai is offline  Top