View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Re: Isn't it funny how most UFC fans don't like boxing, yet want to see more stand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
This is the stupidest ****ing argument out of all of them.

Anything you're allowed to do in boxing, you're allowed to do in MMA.

And in MMA you have SO SO many more options for attacks. SO SO much more to train.

How anyone can say that boxing is deeper as a combat sport than MMA is beyond me.

Its quite apparent to most people that MMA is built to reenact one on one fighting in its most raw form as much as possible. Its a s****, exciting, explosive brutal. Boxing is not this. There is a greater need for strategy in boxing because in MMA freak knockouts from kicks, knees and punches are far more common. Its a bit late for me to explain myself well but it is far more deep due to its focus. MMA is jack of all trades master of none, thats not an insult I'm a fan of both sports but I have never seen an MMA fight that has felt like a story in the same way some boxing fights have.

One student may study several marketing modules, finance, accounting and economics. He has a broader more complete knowledge of business as a whole. The other just studies economics. Who has the deeper knowledge? Without being rude Haggis you know its true, you do make some good points about idiotic fans on both sides of the fence
Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Whilst I quite like MMA, the thing it will never have compared to boxing is the gutsy rounds that one sees in the 9th round of Ward-Gatti, because as soon as someone was hurt like Gatti was, he would get finished and not have the chance to display such courage.

Similarly, you will never see something like the 10th round of Corrales/Castillo play itself out in MMA.
You make serious posts? This is very true its what causes the number of freak knockouts etc. What would just be flash knockdowns are more likely to end fights in MMA than boxing.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top