View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: All-Time Rankings (Leonard, Canzoneri, Monzon)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
I dont think its that clear cut for leonard being the #2 welterweight. After all there are fighters like barbados joe walcott and kid gavilan who dwarf him in career achievements. Mickey Walker has a solid claim too.

I give him credit for beating hagler, but he only fought marvin because of the mugabi fight. Leonard even said after the mugabi fight, `he`s mine`. Being in physical wars is far more damaging than being 'ringrust' like leonard was. Also, leonard supposedly had real life exhibition fights behind closed doors that arent shown on boxrec, so he was well prepared for the fight. They were all out exhibition matches, not sparring sessions with headgear.
I'm not telling you how to think, all that is fine. Most of the above is just obvious (or rooted in) facts. He's resume isn't at all thin; in any way, form or fashion really. He beat oodles of contenders to go with his collection of top wins, which most in history would be hard pressed to match. People don't like the guy, I get it. Nor do I care.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top