View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #116
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
So since the proliferation of belts would you say every one of your champions is there by virtue of 1v2?
Yes, though there were a few difficulties because The Ring failed to recognized Jr. divisions. It's as consistent as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I have no problem with your system by the way, I just don't think it is historically justifiable to rewrite history and dismiss certain championship claims.

Your way is ideal and it's unfortunate it isn't the way today but the reality is it isnt.

I loved your essay btw, I don't agree with it but I liked the cut of your jib.
I'm the last person who wants to tell a champion that he isn't. As far as he knows, he is and he bled for it. Those bleeping mutha bleepers who ruined the successions for 50 years are to blame and I wish they all had one neck.

I distinguish one from the other to let the belted champions call themselves champions and be called champions. I think that the term has been compromised anyway but can leave that unsaid so as not to hurt anyone. I call the true champions something different and think it works.

Listen, all I know is that the nonsense has to stop.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top