View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #52
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
You keep making sweeping generalizations and talking in absolutes, not a great way to go about illustrating your point.
You are right, I guess my writing is not up to par and I am probably not explaining myself where somebody else can understand. The title of this thread says it all. Read the first post. Why it has primarily gotten to be a discussion about S&C is beyond me. To me this illustrates the arrogance that some people have. The S&C guys and boxing should be on the same page but from what I have seen they are not. They seem to work against each other. This is WHAT I HAVE SEEN in the real world, and this article quoting elite trainers fully illustrates this. I believe a good S&C guy is useful, I do, believe it or not. Some of what you read here is unbelievable and I am not just talking about my posts.
Here is what I am saying:
1-Old school trainers used what they had available at the time and did alright.
2-Boxing trainers in general are doing the best they can they are not ignorant cos they might not know everything there is to know about the human body.
3-S&C guys are not neccessary for a 4rd fighter, any decent coach can get a guy ready for a four rd fight.
4-S&C guys are useful in certain cases
dempsey1234 is offline  Top