Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #85
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666
Default Re: Arum RE: Mares-Donaire: "We will Offer Money but NO Co-Promotion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
As I said earlier. They are like Sourland. They work the public perception to make you believe that. Sourland said Abraham would fight Sturm for FREE to take his belt. Sturm immediately accepted. You remember seeing that fight? No difference here. They don't want Arum making a nickel off of their fighters anymore than TR wants them making a nickel off of theirs. I also doubt they believe Mares beats Donaire so they are just using this as a publicity stunt. My take anyhow. I'll be shocked if either side makes a serious offer. GBP are free to talk now because of the Arce fight. Nothing can even be discussed until after that. I'll bet Mares has another opponent before that with GBP saying TR wouldn't talk to them.
Oscar has shown more desire to put his fighters at risk with the exception of Canelo. Khan and Ortiz were both challenged relatively early in their careers with very tough fights. Broner too is taking a tough challenge directly at LW. I think they are willing to make the Donaire, fight and they believe in his chances. They can not come close to that money with any other fight. Oscar as a fighter didn't duck any body I don't see why he is going to push his fighters duck difficult challenges. A lot of what we say is going to be a speculation as nobody in here know all the details. That's just my feeling. You make some valid point tho and I respect that.
Leonit is offline  Top