Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #30
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 2012:Wlad's lost year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Answer: Offer reasonable contracts for once. A German newspaper published an article just a few weeks ago about Boente's slave contracts but I couldn't be bothered to make a thread about it, although I'm sure I'll do it someday.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/kli...ilie-1.1461770

Even if you were to beat Wlad, you must rematch him and and his brother and even though you're the champ, you submit yourself to K2 Promotions in all three fights - you fight under their conditions and you earn the smaller portion of the purse. That's unprecedented. Also, in case of not attending a press conference, you have to pay a 100.000 fee which is significantly more than any other promoter ever asked for.
I don't see the big deal about this. It's called negotiating power. If you're a nobody then you get a shit contract. Just like if you got no education you get dishwasher job instead of the CEO treatment. That's how life works.

Mandatory challengers don't sign slave contracts. Any fighter who doesn't like a Bonte contract can simply become mandatory challenger
madballster is offline  Top