Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #46
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: My 50 Greatest boxers of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Top 50 was difficult, Top 100 will be way too mentally taxing at the moment.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert whatsoever, and as I learn more about boxing I'd most likely change this in the future. ALSO, this didn't take me that long so I might realise certain things and want to change up. Here goes:

My PERSONAL top 50:
SRR
Ali
Armstrong
Louis
Duran
Tunney
Greb (if brought up in the same generation as Monzon, he'd lose)
Benny Leonard
Johnson
Langford
Gans
Pep
Leonard
Moore
Walker (probably the most interesting resume, especially the weight lol)
Monzon
E. Charles - most comfortable putting him here.
McLarnin
Ross
Canzoneri
Ambers (unsure but hey)
Hagler
Napoles
Wilde (I don't actually know much about him tbh)
Holmes
Dempsey (yes, that's right).
Saddler
Marciano
Sanchez
Foreman
Hearns
Chavez
Frazier
De La Hoya (Leija, J.J.Molina, Paez, Ruelas, G.Hernandez, Trinidad, Quartey, narrow loss to a prime Mosley on steroids but we all know he won on the rematch, with virtually all experts and Mosley even say De La Hoya won, Whitaker, Whitaker looked fast and ODLH landed more power punches so I think ODLH won IMO, Vargas on steroids who was a beast, Camacho, Campas, Chavez who was still great, only legitimate losses in my eyes were against Hopkins and Sturm - and I think he was past his prime at that time also and had no business being at middleweight!) - How many have a resume consisting of this many elite/great fighters like ODLH on this list?)
McGovern
Cerdan
Lewis
Ted Kid Lewis
Holyfield
Spinks
LaMotta
Jones Jr
Hopkins
Griffith
Mayweather (I have Mayweather beating Hearns and Benitez. Duran vs Mayweather and Leonard vs Mayweather will be a very tough one to call - although I have him lower than some of the 90's-2000's stars of all weight divisions, I have him as the best fighter of the generation. I am sure he'd beat Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales, Tszyu, Hamed, Ayala, Whitaker you name them. I'm not completely sure if he can beat Napoles although I'm more inclined to say he can, it would be a dream matchup). Obviously because of natural progression in the sport, I have Mayweather beating someone like Benny Leonard too, but obviously Benny is 'greater' p4p. Another reason why I say this because sparring sessions and the way they fought back then seemed a little inferior. I'm probably stating the obvious here Having said that, I have prime Robinson beating Mayweather).
Conn
Whitaker
Pacquiao (Pacquiao has a better legacy than Mayweather but still...)
Arguello
Cervantes (maybe, maybe not. Huge fan of the guy).

Don't know enough about Kid Galivan, Eder Jofre or Fighting Harada.
no Mikkel Kessler and Zab Judah ? your top 50 is a joke
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Sponsored Links